History

The Legal Aid Society of Cincinnati was founded in 1908, to secure justice for and protect the rights of the needy, to promote measures for their assistance, and employ attorneys to further the purposes of the Society. For 112 years, the Legal Aid Society has made a difference in our community by providing free civil legal assistance to low-income families and adults to help them achieve economic security and family stability.

Legal Aid has grown from a one-attorney office on West 9th Street, to a regional non-profit law firm serving lower-income families in seven southwest Ohio counties:  Brown, Butler, Clermont, Clinton, Hamilton, Highland and Warren.

In 2007, the Legal Aid Society of Greater Cincinnati established an affiliate, Legal Aid Society of Southwest Ohio, LLC, to better serve the Southwest Ohio region. Legal Aid Society of Greater Cincinnati receives funding from the Legal Services Corporation while our affiliate, Legal Aid Society of Southwest Ohio, LLC, does not.  All requests for assistance are handled through a central reception and intake system managed by Legal Aid Society of Greater Cincinnati.