The Legal Aid Society of Greater Cincinnati and its affiliate Legal Aid Society of Southwest Ohio, LLC are dedicated to reducing poverty and ensuring family stability through effective legal assistance. Both Legal Aid organizations serve low-income residents of Brown, Butler, Clermont, Clinton, Hamilton, Highland, and Warren Counties in Southwest Ohio.Staffed offices are located in downtown Cincinnati and in Hamilton (Legal Aid Society of Southwest Ohio, LLC only).
The Legal Aid Society of Greater Cincinnati coordinates employment and volunteer opportunities for both Legal Aid organizations. The Legal Aids offer a variety of career opportunities in entry-level and experienced positions. They employ recent law graduates and experienced lawyers, as well as client service professionals (paralegals and legal assistants), administrative, accounting, and clerical support professionals. When openings do occur, they are posted on this website.
The Legal Aid Society of Greater Cincinnati and the Legal Aid Society of Southwest Ohio, LLC
are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate because of age, race, sex, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, or disability.
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
Director of Development and Communications
May 22, 2013
The Legal Aid Society of Greater Cincinnati (Legal Aid) seeks a talented Director of Development and Communications to direct development and fundraising and manage external communications. This full-time, exempt position, reporting to the Executive Director, is about 80% development and 20% communications.
Legal Aid serves Brown, Butler, Clermont, Clinton, Hamilton, Highland, and Warren Counties in Southwest Ohio from two offices (downtown Cincinnati and Hamilton, Ohio), with a staff of about 100, including 36 attorneys and 18 paralegals. Legal Aid is southwest Ohio’s largest non-profit law firm dedicated to reducing poverty and ensuring family stability through effective legal assistance.
- Manage philanthropic fundraising from individuals, law firms, corporate and charitable foundations for the Legal Aid Society of Greater Cincinnati and the Volunteer Lawyers for the Poor Foundation
- Prepare fundraising proposals for charitable foundations
- Develop and manage funder relationships, including assisting project staff with grant reports to funders
- Engage Board and management staff in fundraising
- Plan and execute Annual Fund and periodic special fundraising campaigns
- Plan and execute strategies for donor cultivation and recognition
- Manage data and fundraising software, providing direction to Development Assistant
- Assist Executive Director and senior staff with funding proposals to non-philanthropic (government) funders and United Way
- Manage external communications, including newsletter and Annual Report
- Participate in development of website
- Develop, implement social media strategy
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or commensurate experience; advanced degree preferred.
- 6+ years in development and public relations, communications, or marketing in a non-profit environment with demonstrated fundraising success.
- Supervisory and teamwork experience.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office applications.
- Proficiency in fundraising software (currently Donor Perfect).
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Organized, able to prioritize work, handle multiple responsibilities and work ahead of deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Familiarity with Greater Cincinnati philanthropic community helpful.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Competitive starting salary commensurate with background and experience
- Excellent benefits including healthcare insurance, employee assistance program, employer-paid life and disability insurance, employer-paid retirement plan, voluntary 401(k), paid time off
Qualified candidates should send the listed items, either by email to email@example.com (Subject Line should read: Development Director Hiring Committee) or via FAX to (513) 241-0047.
- cover letter specific to interest in joining Legal Aid
- contact information for two professional references
For full consideration, please apply by June 14, 2013.
This position is open until filled.
Legal Aid Society of Greater Cincinnati
215 East Ninth Street, Suite 200
Cincinnati, OH 45202
All applications will be acknowledged; please do not call.