The Legal Aid Society of Greater Cincinnati and its affiliate, Legal Aid Society of Southwest Ohio, LLC, are dedicated to reducing poverty and ensuring family stability through effective legal assistance. Both Legal Aid organizations serve low-income residents of seven southwest Ohio counties (Brown, Butler, Clermont, Clinton, Hamilton, Highland, Warren). Staffed offices are located in downtown Cincinnati and in Hamilton (Legal Aid Society of Southwest Ohio, LLC only); we have a total staff of about 85, including 37 attorneys and 14 paralegals. The Legal Aid Society is Southwest Ohio’s largest non-profit law firm dedicated to reducing poverty and ensuring family stability through effective legal assistance. Our attorneys represent clients in civil legal matters and work with community organizations and client groups.
The Legal Aid Society of Greater Cincinnati coordinates employment and volunteer opportunities for both Legal Aid organizations. Legal Aid offers a variety of career opportunities in entry-level and experienced positions. We employ recent law graduates and experienced lawyers, as well as client service professionals (paralegals and legal assistants), administrative, accounting, and clerical support professionals. When openings do occur, they are posted on this website.
The Legal Aid Society of Greater Cincinnati
and the Legal Aid Society of Southwest Ohio, LLC
are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate
because of age, race, sex, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, or disability.
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
PAYROLL AND HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST
Full-time / Non-Exempt Position
The Legal Aid Society of Greater Cincinnati has an immediate need for an experienced Payroll and Human Resources Specialist. This is a full-time (40 hours per week), non-exempt position reporting to the Director of Operations. This position is based in our Cincinnati office, with as-needed trips to our branch office in Hamilton. The Payroll and Human Resources Specialist’s main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Processing semi-monthly payroll
• Maintaining integrated Human Resources Information System, including new employee set-ups, terminations, and benefits changes
• Conducting new employee orientation
• Maintaining personnel policy manuals
• Assisting with monthly payroll reporting and analysis
• Assisting with payroll and benefits budgeting and projections
• Assisting employees with FMLA
• Discussing benefits, including COBRA, upon termination
• Interacting with third-party administrators for retirement plans and other benefits
• Interacting with employees regarding payroll, paid leave, etc.
• Coordinating Open Enrollment process and meetings for health insurance and other benefits
• Facilitating the Wellness Committee
• Ensuring proper coding and reconciling benefit invoices
• Assisting with annual audit of payroll and benefits
The successful candidate will meet the following requirements:
• Minimum of 3 years of experience with payroll and human resources.
• Familiarity with payroll/HR concepts, practices, and procedures, such as time tracking and time entry, payroll processing and taxes, 401(k) submissions and reconciliations.
• Strong Microsoft Excel and analytical skills.
• Integrity and a strong attention to detail are crucial for this position.
The salary for this position is commensurate with experience. The Legal Aid Society offers an excellent benefits package and a pleasant work environment.
To apply, please submit:
1. A letter explaining the reasons for your interest in this position, along with your salary requirements;
2. A current resume; and
3. Contact information for three professional references (no reference letters, please).
Send the listed items by email or fax to:
Payroll/HR Specialist Hiring Committee
Legal Aid Society
FAX (513) 241-0047
Position open until filled
No calls, please.
All applications will be acknowledged.