The Legal Aid Society of Greater Cincinnati and its affiliate, Legal Aid Society of Southwest Ohio, LLC, are dedicated to reducing poverty and ensuring family stability through effective legal assistance. Both Legal Aid organizations serve low-income residents of seven southwest Ohio counties (Brown, Butler, Clermont, Clinton, Hamilton, Highland, Warren). Staffed offices are located in downtown Cincinnati and in Hamilton (Legal Aid Society of Southwest Ohio, LLC only).
The Legal Aid Society of Greater Cincinnati coordinates employment and volunteer opportunities for both Legal Aid organizations. Legal Aid offers a variety of career opportunities in entry-level and experienced positions. They employ recent law graduates and experienced lawyers, as well as client service professionals (paralegals and legal assistants), administrative, accounting, and clerical support professionals. When openings do occur, they are posted on this website.
The Legal Aid Society of Greater Cincinnati
and the Legal Aid Society of Southwest Ohio, LLC
are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate
because of age, race, sex, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, or disability.
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
Director of Administration
October 17, 2014
The Legal Aid Society of Greater Cincinnati (“Legal Aid”) seeks a talented Director of Administration to manage general office operations, technology, support, and facilities. This is a full-time, exempt position, reporting to the Executive Director.
Legal Aid serves Brown, Butler, Clermont, Clinton, Hamilton, Highland, and Warren Counties in Southwest Ohio. With two full-service law offices (downtown Cincinnati and Hamilton, Ohio) and a staff of about 95, including 36 attorneys and 15 paralegals, Legal Aid is southwest Ohio’s largest non-profit law firm. Our mission is to reduce poverty and ensure family stability through effective legal assistance.
The Director of Administration is a member of Legal Aid’s senior management team. Success in the position requires strong leadership skills, and the ability to motivate staff, nurture lateral relationships, and communicate effectively with all levels of staff, volunteers, and Board members.
The Director of Administration also manages external relationships including vendors, consultants, and colleagues in the legal and non-profit communities.
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field or commensurate experience; advanced degree preferred.
• 6+ years management/leadership in professional or non-profit organization.
• Supervisory and teambuilding experience.
• Experience and competency in Information Technology
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Organized and able to prioritize work
• Able to effectively coordinate/carryout multiple projects and responsibilities, and work ahead of deadlines.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
Compensation and Benefits
• Competitive starting salary commensurate with background and experience.
• Excellent benefits including healthcare insurance, employee assistance program, employer-paid life and disability insurance, employer-paid retirement plan and 401(k), paid time off.
Qualified candidates should send the listed items, either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or FAX to (513) 241-0047. (Subject Line should read: Administrator Hiring Committee.)
(1) cover letter specific to interest in joining Legal Aid,
(2) current resume, and
(3) contact information for two professional references.
For full consideration, please apply by November 3, 2014.
This position is open until filled.
All applications will be acknowledged; please do not call.